Pages

Thursday 7 February 2013

Candy Caviar nails!

Candy Caviar nails!

I've been wanting to do a caviar manicure for a long time! But they always look like as soon as they're put on they'll start to fall off.
But on Tuesday I bought the beads from Claire's accessories!


Once I followed the instructions given on the packet 
(which is to paint your nails with a base, then a colour and finish with a top coat, applying caviar before dry.)
 I looked at my nails and thought maybe if I added a top coat it would help to seal in the beads. 
Wow, was I wrong! DO NOT DO IT! 
Instead of it helping preserve my mani, it instead made all the colours run!
So I re-did the manicure with no final top coat!


I really liked how it turned out! I didn't want to do a whole hand, in case they fell off instantly!


I was going to post this last night, but decided it would be better to wait to see how it would last over night.
My left hand has stayed pretty intact, a few beads here and there are missing, but its not noticeable.
 My right hand however, faded in colour and has quite a few beads missing!



Overall I would say I like the caviar look, but its not very practical! If you are wanting to wear it for more than a day think again!

x x

No comments:

Post a Comment